to the best of one's knowledgeidiom
Definition of to the best of one's knowledge
1 —used to say that a person thinks something is true but that there may be something he or she does not know which makes it untrue To the best of his knowledge, no one had called all morning.
2 : as truthfully as possible I answered their questions to the best of my knowledge.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game