to the best of one's knowledgeidiom
Definition of to the best of one's knowledge
1 —used to say that a person thinks something is true but that there may be something he or she does not know which makes it untrue To the best of his knowledge, no one had called all morning.
2 : as truthfully as possible I answered their questions to the best of my knowledge.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game