to be exactidiom
Definition of to be exact
—used to indicate that a statement is accurate and specific that afternoon, June 22, to be exactThey had many children—seven, to be exact.He came a long way—from Nome, Alaska, to be exact—to attend the wedding.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game