Definition of the wild
: a wild, free, or natural place, state, or existence The plants were collected from the wild. They will return the animal to the wild when it is healthy. I've only seen that animal in a zoo, never in the wild.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game