the buck stops hereidiom
Definition of the buck stops here
—used to say that one accepts a responsibility and will not try to give it to someone else I'm willing to accept the blame for what happened. The buck stops here with me.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game