the brunt ofidiom
Definition of the brunt of
: the main force or effect of (something harmful or dangerous) Cities on the coast felt/bore the brunt of the storm. His troops took the brunt of the enemy attack.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game