ten·ta·tion | \ ten‧ˈtāshən\
Definition of tentation
1 archaic : temptation
2 : a mode of adjusting or operating by successive steps, trials, or experiments
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game