Definition of telephoto
(Entry 1 of 3)
: being a camera lens system designed to give a large image of a distant object also : relating to or being photography in which a telephoto lens is used
Definition of telephoto (Entry 2 of 3)
1 : a telephoto lens
2 : a photograph taken with a camera having a telephoto lens
Definition of Telephoto (Entry 3 of 3)
—used for an apparatus for transmitting photographs electrically or for a photograph so transmitted
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game