supply and demandnoun
Definition of supply and demand
: the amount of goods and services that are available for people to buy compared to the amount of goods and services that people want to buy If less of a product than the public wants is produced, the law of supply and demand says that more can be charged for the product.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game