Definition of superscout
: a very capable and successful scout with wide-ranging responsibilities a football/baseball superscout The term "superscout," which began to appear in the press in the late 1970's, has been attributed to the Mets' general manager, Frank Cashen, who, as Baltimore's general manager from 1965 to 1975, started calling [Jim] Russo "Super" and still greets him with the nickname. … Russo not only scouts each opposing team before the Orioles play it, he also serves as the team's chief talent evaluator, appraising players for potential trades.— Phil Patton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game