Definition of supermind
1 : a mind or something like a mind that is much more powerful than the mind of a typical person What if you could pop a pill to make you remember more, think faster, or become happier or higher-achieving? … The prospect of drug-enabled superminds is not just a futurist's fantasy.— James Vlahos Another challenge involves expectations. A new stereotype of autistic people as brainiacs, endowed with quirky superminds, is just as misguided as the old assumption that autistic people are mentally disabled …— Gareth Cook especially : one that is made up of the collective thoughts, memories, intelligence, or reasoning power of a large number of people or computers the organization's collective supermind a computer supermind
2 : a very intelligent person : genius As business supermind Warren Buffett said this week, Congress can pass legislation soon and be at least partially right, or they can do nothing and be certainly wrong.— Shea Van Hoy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?