Definition of supermillionaire
: one whose wealth amounts to many millions (as of dollars or pounds) … the tax rate on the top 400 households in America—those with an average annual income of nearly $350 million—fell by more than a third. In fact, the tax rate for these supermillionaires is now less than the tax rate for average Americans.— Charles M. Blow
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game