variants: or sub-trend
plural subtrends or sub-trends
Definition of subtrend
: a trend that is part of or secondary to a more prevalent trend Within the long-established suburban trend of proliferating places offering $4 coffee drinks, there is a subtrend of coffeehouses that see themselves as something more. Their approaches differ, but a common theme is a whole lot of mocha-flavored creativity.— Bill Osinski
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game