strand·er | \ -də(r)\
Definition of strander
1 : a machine that makes strands into cable or rope
2 : a steelworker who guides bars by the use of hand tongs from the roughing mill into other rolls for further processing
— called also edger, poke-in, pony rougher, stick-in
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game