hand·er | \ ˈhandə(r), ˈhaan-\
Definition of hander
1 dialectal, British : a blow on the hand
2 : one that drops tobacco hands to the prizer for packing in hogsheads
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game