still·son wrench | \ ˈstilsən-\
Definition of stillson wrench
: a pipe wrench having an adjustable L-shaped jaw sliding in a sleeve that is pivoted to and loosely encircles the handle so that pressure on the handle increases the grip
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game