Definition of slipe
(Entry 1 of 4)
variants: or slipe wood
Definition of slipe (Entry 2 of 4)
: pulled wool removed from skins by a lime process
Definition of slipe (Entry 4 of 4)
dialectal British & Midland
: a thin narrow strip especially of land
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?