Definition of slam-bang
1 : unduly loud or violent a slam-bang clatter
2 : having fast-paced often nonstop action a slam-bang adventure novel
3 : vigorously enthusiastic made a slam-bang effort to win
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game