sep·tu·ple | \ ˈseptəpəl, (ˈ)sep¦t(y)üp-\
Definition of septuple
(Entry 1 of 3)
1 : consisting of seven : being seven times as great or as many : sevenfold
2 : taken by sevens or in groups of seven
Definition of septuple (Entry 2 of 3)
: a sum seven times as great as another : a sevenfold amount : the seventh multiple
septupled; septupled; septupling\ -p(ə)liŋ \; septuples
Definition of septuple (Entry 3 of 3)
: to make seven times as much or as many
: to become seven times as much or as many
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?