Definition of self-infatuation
: foolish or extravagant love or admiration for oneself From where I sat, he looked more like an incorrigible narcissist … whose love for others is little more than overflowing self-infatuation.— A. O. Scott Anything more than a few minutes during the pitch on how great they are is a sign of arrogance and self-infatuation.— Avi Dan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game