Definition of self-healing
(Entry 1 of 2)
: acting or serving to heal or repair oneself or itself: such as
a : involving or promoting recovery from injury or disease the body's self-healing ability/process
b : able to repair physical damage without outside agency self-healing polymers Made of sturdy, three-ply construction, the mats are reversible and self-healing, providing a smooth, nonslip work surface and protection for desks, tables, and drawing boards when cutting with scissors … — Artnews
Definition of self-healing (Entry 2 of 2)
: the act or process of healing oneself or itself A team of researchers from North Carolina State University (NC State) has developed a method to create flexible, stretchable electronics capable of self-healing …— Jackson Schroeder … he had been working with visual imaging—a form of self-healing many cancer patients attempt.— Irvin D. Yalom … the story involves a man suffering from depression who inherits money, and meets a young woman and her eccentric daughter. They go through a journey of self-healing together.— Nancy Molnar
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game