Definition of self-education
: the act or process of educating oneself by one's own efforts especially through reading and informal study … her painstaking self-education in all matters pertaining to New York …— James Traub also : the skills or knowledge attained through self-education [Mark] Coen purchased the old church for its space, moved in and set up shop while endeavoring to achieve a self-education in carpentry. — Carrie Manner
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?