Definition of self-education
: the act or process of educating oneself by one's own efforts especially through reading and informal study … her painstaking self-education in all matters pertaining to New York …— James Traub also : the skills or knowledge attained through self-education [Mark] Coen purchased the old church for its space, moved in and set up shop while endeavoring to achieve a self-education in carpentry. — Carrie Manner
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?