Definition of self-deluded
: deluded by oneself or having deluded beliefs concerning oneself I believe in second chances and people changing. I also believe in not being naive and self-deluded.— Emily Yoffe There is only one reason to reject an accomplished singer in favour of a self-deluded no-hoper: because the comedic public humiliation of the worst applicants makes good television.— Neil McCormick also : characteristic of one who is self-deluded self-deluded beliefs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game