Definition of self-consecration
: the act of dedicating oneself to a sacred purpose : the act of consecrating oneself Every one … shares in Christ's self-consecration on our behalf.— Thomas F. Torrance At the same time, a tuft of hair is cut in a symbolic tonsure, an act of self-consecration to God.— Katherine Clark
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game