Definition of self-condemnation
: the act or an instance of condemning one's own character or actions : condemnation of oneself … fierce self-condemnation seized on her. "I've been a wicked woman," she moaned.— Lucy Maud Montgomery Where do the guilt, shame, and self-condemnations come from? There are several possibilities.— Walter E. Jacobson
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?