seigneurnoun, often capitalized
Definition of seigneur
1 : a man of rank or authority especially : the feudal lord of a manor
2 : a member of the landed gentry of Canada
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game