sar·ruso·phone | \ səˈrüzəˌfōn, -ˈrəsə-\
Definition of sarrusophone
: a metal wind instrument with a double reed and a tube of wide conical bore played like the bassoon and sometimes used in place of it or a contrabassoon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game