sar·ruso·phone | \ səˈrüzəˌfōn, -ˈrəsə-\
Definition of sarrusophone
: a metal wind instrument with a double reed and a tube of wide conical bore played like the bassoon and sometimes used in place of it or a contrabassoon
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game