Definition of sand hill
(Entry 1 of 2)
Note: There are two notable regions of Sand Hills in the United States, one in west central Nebraska stretching from the Platte River to the border with South Dakota, the other along the coast of South Carolina extending into North Carolina and Georgia.
Definition of sandhill (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game