Definition of rudd
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a freshwater Eurasian cyprinid fish (Scardinius erythrophthalmus) resembling the golden shiner
Definition of Rudd (Entry 2 of 2)
Kevin Michael 1957– prime minister of Australia (2007–10; 2013)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game