Examples of remiss in a Sentence
- It would be remiss of me if I did not share with you the vital role God has played in my recovery. —Jennifer Howard, Undoing Time, 2001
- But if we do not address these complexities in the public arena, and in ways that are spatially theoretically grounded, we will be remiss in carrying out our scholarly and civic responsibilities. —Saul B. Cohen, Annals of the Association of American Geographers, December 1991
- "Well, Sally, I'm in fault, and I acknowledge it; I've been remiss; but I won't let tomorrow go by without stopping up them holes." —Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, 1885
I would be remiss if I didn't tell you how much I appreciated the lovely gift.
Recent Examples of remiss from the Web
This roundup would be remiss without Bare Minerals’ powder foundation, a beauty community staple and Allure Best of Beauty winner.
Any survey of women in technology would be remiss to exclude perhaps the two most famous female computer-programming pioneers.
Going back to Gonzaga—without even assessing options—would be remiss.
Goodell would be remiss to punt on this issue beyond May. Everybody needs clarity.
Juwan Morgan: Would be remiss to let the last Stock Watch of the season pass without mentioning IU’s MVP.
The staff member was also quoted as saying that officials were remiss after workers began showing symptoms.
Classical music has been remiss in addressing themes associated with the Black Lives Matter movement, certainly to the extent that artists working in film, theater, literature and visual art are doing.
But Yu would be remiss to offer only whiskies on his menu.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'remiss.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of remiss
- negligent about writing a note of thanks
- a society callously neglectful of the poor
- a reporter lax about accurate quotation
- slack workmanship
- had been remiss in their familial duties
REMISS Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of remiss for English Language Learners
: not showing enough care and attention
REMISS Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up remiss? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).