Definition of reinject
: to inject (something) again Unlike conventional foam, silicone cures quickly and can be reinjected …— Jeff Rich and Steve Cohen also : to return or replenish (something) by injection especially following removal The technique would involve removing diseased stem cells from the fetus's bloodstream, transferring healthy genes into them, and reinjecting the treated cells into the fetus. — Pat Ohlendorf-Moffat … for each barrel of oil displaced two barrels of water must be reinjected into the reservoir. — A. Alvarez
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game