: to examine (someone or something) again especially from a different point of view
- reexamine the patient/evidence
- reexamining our assumptions
- It's healthy, I think, to reexamine old institutions and futz with them rather than throw them out entirely.
- —Majorie Ingall
- The great expense is in part also a political choice that should be re-examined.
- —Mary Graham
: to question (a witness) again in a legal proceeding
- Each witness is first questioned by the prosecution …, then 'cross-examined' by the defence, and then sometimes 're-examined' by the prosecution.
- —R. M. Jackson