recomputed; recomputing; recomputes
Definition of recompute
: to compute again … began auditing disbursement vouchers for pay of military personnel by recomputing the pay account.— Walter Rundell, Jr. If some statistical operation needs to be done on the data, it might take 10 or 20 seconds to recompute, maybe even a minute if the operations are very complex.— Dominique J. Cheenne
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game