rechanneled or rechannelled; rechanneling or rechanneling; rechannels
Definition of rechannel
: to direct into a different channel The system of government they designed, rather than denying the inherent tribalism of humanity, instead tried to rechannel it, to make it less likely to undermine good government or assault individual rights.— Jay Cost … raising the water table in the swamp's remaining 113,000 acres by capturing and rechanneling rainfall in the vast network of ditches that scar the land.— Ben Finley
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game