Definition of multichannel
: having, involving, or affecting more than one channel But just as we don't feel grateful to have indoor plumbing or multichannel digital cable television, we don't necessarily feel grateful that we earn more than our parents did.— Rana Foroohar … the … index draws its data mostly from large multichannel retailers (which sell both online and offline) …— Alberto Cavallo specifically : having or using more than one path along which information (such as data or music) may travel in the form of electric signals Multichannel audio, meanwhile, allows the use of several speakers to mimic a home-theater experience. — Will Pirkle, et. al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?