reburied; reburying; reburies
Definition of rebury
: to bury (something or someone) again Museum administrators, too, are anxious about, and at times baffled by, the desire on the part of Native Americans to retrieve and rebury their ancestors' remains.— Douglas J. Preston However in 2011 the federal agency decided to pursue a $28 million plan that calls for barrels with solid waste to be dug up and then reburied on-site in a lined landfill.— Michael Cooper
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game