den·ta·ry | \ ˈdentərē\
Definition of dentary
: either of a pair of membrane bones of the lower jaw of most vertebrates, in lower forms being restricted to the distal area but in recent higher mammals forming the body of the mandible
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game