reattributed; reattributing; reattributes
Definition of reattribute
: to attribute (something) in a new or different way They reattribute a lot of what's going on in their bodies to illness.— Peter Salovey especially : to reckon as executed, made, originated, or achieved in a fashion other than was previously attributed Though the designs were initially attributed to Raphael, they have since been reattributed to the Flemish artist Pieter Coecke van Aelst … — The Sun Journal (Lewiston, Maine)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?