ram·i·form pit | \ ˈraməˌfȯrm-\
Definition of ramiform pit
: a branched pit formed by the coalescence of the cavities of two or more simple pits (as in the walls of brachysclereids)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game