plural quarter panels
Definition of quarter panel
: a side section of an automobile body between the door and the trunk or between the door and the hood a dent in a rear/front quarter panel A lap nine encounter with Robert Pressley's Chevy forced Labonte to pit for left-rear quarter-panel repairs.— Steve Crowe Flag emblems became popular automotive dress-up items. They usually were affixed to the front quarter panel and they might be an American stars-and-stripes to show patriotism or they might reflect the flag or colors of the motorist's country of ancestry.— Richard A. Wright
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game