pyc·no·dont | \ ˈpiknəˌdänt\
Definition of pycnodont
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to the Pycnodontidae
Definition of pycnodont (Entry 2 of 2)
: a fish or fossil of the family Pycnodontidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?