Pyc·noc·o·ma | \ pikˈnäkəmə\
Definition of Pycnocoma
: a small genus of shrubs or trees (family Euphoribiaceae) of tropical Africa and the Mascarene Islands having monoecious flowers and numerous stamens with hairlike elongated filaments
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?