variants: or pre-technological
Definition of pretechnological
1 : not having developed or adopted modern technology a pretechnological society pretechnological peoples/cultures
2 : existing, occurring, or originating before the existence of modern technology in pretechnological days still uses pretechnological techniques This affirmation does not mean that we advocate returning to a pretechnological state.— William McDonough and Michael Braungart
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?