variants: or pre-revolutionary
Definition of prerevolutionary
: of, relating to, or being a time before a revolution prerevolutionary society in prerevolutionary France the prerevolutionary period/era The pre-revolutionary writings of Lenin and Stalin are filled with discussions of the Nationality Question.— Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game