:combining or involving more than one discipline or field of study :interdisciplinary
- Treatment requires a multidisciplinary approach involving physicians, nutritionists, psychologists, trainers, and gynecologists …
- —Michelle L. Cameron Donaldson
- However, the task of interpreting such spectra … will take a multidisciplinary team of astrophysicists, Earth scientists, climate scientists, and biologists.
- —Sarah Scoles
- Indeed, nanotechnology may change the way we think about mechanical engineering altogether, making it a more multidisciplinary field, one as concerned with atomic-level effects as electrical engineering or chemistry is.
- —Stephen L. Girshick and Arun Majumdar