variants: or pre-noon
Definition of prenoon
: existing or occurring before noon the prenoon hours a prenoon start time Hundreds of visitors and locals braved the pre-noon sun to get a glimpse of the show …— Alex Downes … those people who long for a simpler time of pre-noon drinks, fedoras, and cocktail dresses.— Alyssa Griffith
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?