variants: or pre-market
Definition of premarket
1 : occurring in the period prior to a product being available for purchase premarket safety testing a premarket clinical study of a drug Dietary supplements are essentially exempt from premarket approval and testing because, unlike many drugs, they do not claim to be effective, pure, and safe.— Noel C. Paul … fixed a premarket problem that led to lost pressure in the control. — Bicycling
2 : occurring prior to the opening of a stock market premarket trading
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game