Definition of nonmarket
: not of, relating to, included in, or characteristic of a market … the effect of nonmarket forces (including government and utility conservation programs) on energy use.— David J. Rose Roughly, commodification is the process by which nonmarket goods are drawn into the marketplace to be bought and sold.— William D. Wood distinguishing between a market economy and a nonmarket economy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game