power-dived; power-diving; power-dives
Definition of power-dive
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to make a power dive
: to cause to power-dive
Definition of power dive (Entry 2 of 2)
: a dive of an airplane accelerated by the power of the engine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?