pi·nac·o·lone | \ -ˌlōn\
Definition of pinacolone
1 : a liquid ketone (CH3)3COCH3 of peppermint odor formed from pinacol by treatment with acid to cause loss of water and molecular rearrangement; 3,3-dimethyl-2-butanone
2 : any of a series of ketones R3CCOR formed like pinacolone from other pinacols
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?