per·sea | \ ˈpərsēə\
Definition of persea
1 capitalized : a large genus of chiefly tropical trees and shrubs (family Lauraceae) having thick alternate leaves, small panicled flowers with nine stamens, and a fleshy one-seeded fruit and in some kinds yielding superior cabinet woods — see avocado
2 plural -s : any tree or fruit of the genus Persea
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?